The 300-Pound-Capacity Split Seat Stool is designed with ergonomics in mind. For those who need to sit for long periods, the design of the stool is especially beneficial because it places less stress on the body. In addition, many of the seat's features, including has a high-density molded foam cushion upholstered in easy-to-clean, antimicrobial vinyl, are particularly well-suited to a healthcare environment.
The ergonomic features of saddle seat stools are proven to provide a number of different health benefits. In addition to promoting better posture, saddle seats naturally open up the hips and chest, resulting in lower back pressure relief. Saddle seat stools also engage your core muscles and encourage active sitting so users don't feel as stiff of uncomfortable after being seated for long periods.
Split seat saddle stools offer the additional benefit of ventilation and adjustability. Both halves of the seat allow for splay and tilt adjustment to fit each user's individual needs. The sloped split seat designs also helps to reduce the impact on the pressure points during periods of intensive use, which results in an enhanced user experience.
This 300-Pound-Capacity Split Seat Stool is cushioned with a high-density molded foam and is upholstered in an easy-to-clean black antimicrobial vinyl. The petite seat cushion measures 13 inches wide by 13 inches deep, making it ideal for users 5'4" and under. Adjust the pitch of the seat forward for even more active sitting if desired.
The lightweight yet sturdy aluminum base is 22 inches in diameter, so it fits perfectly in small exam rooms while still supporting users up to 300 pounds. This stool easily moves across the floor on five swivel casters.
Standard seat height range is 22 to 29 inches high from the center of the seat to the floor. Need something a little taller? Purchase the optional foot ring kit with taller optional gas cylinder to increase the seat height range to 23.5 to 31.5 inches.
Ships unassembled. Shipping weight is 25 pounds. PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING! IN STOCK!
* Sloped split saddle seat fits the natural curve of the hips and thighs, promoting active sitting, neutral spine alignment and reducing pressure on the lower back and pelvis.
* Saddle seating has the added benefit of opening up the hips and loosening tight hip flexors, which contributes to back pain.
* The declining seat edge shifts your body weight to your thighs, more evenly distributing pressure, encouraging better circulation and reducing compression of the spine.
* Can improve upper limb function by stabilizing the shoulder girdle in the seat position, making small hand movements more precise during examinations.
* Stool rolls easily on durable polyurethane casters.
Material & Adjustments:
* Resilient premium high density molded foam padded split seat is upholstered in a commercial grade black healthcare antimicrobial vinyl that is easy to disinfect.
* Sturdy steel frame combined with polished aluminum base supports users up to 300 pounds in commercial settings.
* Polished aluminum base is stronger than steel bases yet lighter weight for ease of mobility.
* Left seat cushion can be pushed out to adjust the overall width of the seat.
* Pitch of seat can be adjusted forward for more active sitting.
* One touch pneumatic height adjustment.
* 2-inch dual wheel polyurethane swivel casters included. For use on carpet or hard floors.
* Optional drafting kit with foot ring SOLD SEPARATELY.
* Five-Year Warranty.
* Seat measures 13 inches wide by 13 inches deep overall.
* Base is 22 inches in diameter.
* Pneumatic height adjustable raises and lowers the seat 22 to 29 inches high (measured from center of seat to floor.)
* Optional drafting kit increases height range to 23.5 to 31.5 inches high (from center of seat to floor.)